click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.1 Roadmap
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 06:35:48 GMT
Hi Florin,

florin.g wrote:
> Ajax. Can you add ajax to controls, such as ActionLink?

I'm currently thinking of ways to make Ajax easier. One can obviously
subclass ActionLink and provide the necessary JS to make the callback,
but what I'm looking at is the ability to decorate a Control with Ajax
behavior. From a users perspective something like this:

ActionLink link = new ActionLink("...");
AjaxHelper.ajaxify(link, "onclick");
link.setActionListener(new ActionListener() {

     public Partial onAjaxAction(Control control) {
     }
};

ClickClick contains something similar except that one needs to
subclass the ActionLink to provide the JavaScript.

kind regards

bob