click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.1 Roadmap
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:27:33 GMT
Hi Geoff,

Geoff Hopson wrote:
> A while ago (Click v0.6?) I submitted an "AutoForm" component that
> needed some work by better people than I - the AutoForm would take a
> bean and generate a fully-loaded form containing text fields,
> IntegerFields, whatever. A properties file was used to further refine
> the display (eg declare hidden fields, display order).
>
> In short, it would be nice to have a BeanForm component - someone told
> me that Tapestry 5 has something similar.

You mean this right? http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/BeanForm
(Actually that looks like a T4 component)

I am a bit uncertain if we should include this in the framework itself
though. Could become difficult to maintain.

For a start though we can add a wiki entry for it and see what
develops from there.

kind regards

bob