click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docbook - modular
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:25:04 GMT
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Gilberto C. Andrade
<gilbertoca@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bob, can I use this reference
> http://www.michael-a-fuchs.de/projects/dbdoclet/en/transformation.html,
> as  HTML -> DocBook XML transformation?
>
> I'm not using that project, I was looking for a reference on html tags
> to docbook xml tags.

Sure that looks fine. You should also look at the tags used in the
chapter-introduction.xml as that probably covers most
markup that is needed. The one tricky area I found with the conversion
is how to represent syntax highlighting e.g:

Since docbook is only concerned with data, how do we highlight
hello-world.htm? Or Velocity directives?

My workaround was to dedicate certain docbook tags for these
scenarios. For example I used <symbol> for Velocity
directives and <varname> for Velocity variables.

kind regards

bob