click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docbook - modular
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:24:02 GMT
Gilberto C. Andrade wrote:
> After some work, I didn't resist and use the herold utility:
> herold -i controls.html -o chapter-controls.xml -s UTF-8 -r book
>
> What did I find?
> -the root tag is book: this isn't an problem
> -we are using old doctype specification, this one is the actual:
> [code]
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC '-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN'
> 'http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd'>
> [/code]

As long as we can still generate the output thats great.

> -I need revise chapter, section and link, just to conform with
> introductions.xml ids pattern (you defined)

We can change the id pattern, as long as its unique and easy to
bookmark. Not sure what ids herold generates.

> -the images link references images/image01.png while introductions.xml
> uses images/introduction/image01.png: I don't know which to follow!
> And these images aren't images folder.

I used the convention that each chapter will have its own images
folder. That way its easier to find images when we have to update
screenshots.

> So, this tool very good and I will use it to help us on this task (
> html tags to docbook xml tags) initially.

Sounds good. Don't worry if the conversion isn't 100%. This is a
one-time task and I'll double check that the output is generated
correctly.

kind regards

bob