click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docbook - modular
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:45:56 GMT
Gilberto C. Andrade wrote:

> After some reading I've found that this tag <imagedata
> fileref="images/click-logo.png" /> should be <imagedata
> fileref="../../images/click-logo.png" />, to render images
> correctly.(Off course, when viewing on xxeditor)

Nods, however DBF seems to look for images under 'images/'. If the
directory is moved it can't find the images.

A quickfix would be to either:

# Copy the images folder to the docbook folder for the editor to
pickup the images.
# Created a symbolic link from the docbook folder to the images folder

> One more suggestion, take some oss projects and you will see a docbook
> modular (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ModularDoc.html) in
> particularly all of them. Maybe a way to control the changes and not
> everyone changing a big file.

Agreed modular sounds good. However DBF fails when generating the output.

However an alternative solution (which works in DBF) is to use entity