click-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilberto C. Andrade" <gilbert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docbook - modular
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:02:01 GMT
2009/1/21 Gilberto C. Andrade <gilbertoca@gmail.com>:
> 2009/1/21 Bob Schellink <sabob1@gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Gilberto C. Andrade
>> <gilbertoca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Bob, can I use this reference
>>> http://www.michael-a-fuchs.de/projects/dbdoclet/en/transformation.html,
>>> as  HTML -> DocBook XML transformation?
>>>
>>> I'm not using that project, I was looking for a reference on html tags
>>> to docbook xml tags.
>>

>> Sure that looks fine. You should also look at the tags used in the
>> chapter-introduction.xml as that probably covers most
>> markup that is needed. The one tricky area I found with the conversion
>> is how to represent syntax highlighting e.g:

>> Since docbook is only concerned with data, how do we highlight
>> hello-world.htm? Or Velocity directives?
>>
> Right, my indecision was with:
> <ulink>
> <xref>
> <anchor>
> <link>
>
> Controls.hml has an ordered list with inline links, so that was my
> problem, rs rs!
>
>> My workaround was to dedicate certain docbook tags for these
>> scenarios. For example I used <symbol> for Velocity
>> directives and <varname> for Velocity variables.
>>
> Good to know.
>
>> kind regards
>>
> Thanks,
>
> Gilberto

After some work, I didn't resist and use the herold utility:
herold -i controls.html -o chapter-controls.xml -s UTF-8 -r book

What did I find?
-the root tag is book: this isn't an problem
-we are using old doctype specification, this one is the actual:
[code]
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC '-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN'
'http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd'>
[/code]
-I need revise chapter, section and link, just to conform with
introductions.xml ids pattern (you defined)
-the images link references images/image01.png while introductions.xml
uses images/introduction/image01.png: I don't know which to follow!
And these images aren't images folder.

So, this tool very good and I will use it to help us on this task (
html tags to docbook xml tags) initially.

regards,

Gilberto