click-dev mailing list archives

From "Gilberto C. Andrade" <gilbert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: docbook - modular
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:52:01 GMT
2009/1/19 Bob Schellink <sabob1@gmail.com>:
> Gilberto C. Andrade wrote:
>>
>> After some reading I've found that this tag <imagedata
>> fileref="images/click-logo.png" /> should be <imagedata
>> fileref="../../images/click-logo.png" />, to render images
>> correctly.(Off course, when viewing on xxeditor)
>

> Nods, however DBF seems to look for images under 'images/'. If the directory
> is moved it can't find the images.
>
> A quickfix would be to either:
>
> # Copy the images folder to the docbook folder for the editor to pickup the
> images.
> # Created a symbolic link from the docbook folder to the images folder

OK.

I think dbf lacks this feature: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DBF-10.

> However an alternative solution (which works in DBF) is to use entity
> references.

>From the link above:
"The XInclude standard permits you to select part of a file for
inclusion instead of the whole file. That is something that system
entities were never able to do. In a modular source setup, that means
you do not have to break out into a separate file every single piece
of text that you want to include somewhere. You can organize your
modules into logical units for writing and editing, and the select
from within a file if you need just a piece of a module.
"
So, I it is a good argument!
Maybe this article(http://www.vogella.de/articles/DocBook/ar01s04.html)
could help!

> click-book.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
>  "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd" [
>
>  <!ENTITY chapter-introduction SYSTEM "chapter-introduction.xml" >
>  <!ENTITY chapter-controls SYSTEM "chapter-controls.xml" >
> ]>
>
> <book lang="en">

> <toc></toc>
>
> &chapter-introduction;
> &chapter-controls;
>
> </book>
>
> Let me know what you think.

I'm just learning and I don't have experience to choose either one.
But I will try do the best on whatever you choose.

Regards,

Gilberto