click-dev mailing list archives

From Demetrios Kyriakis <demetrios.kyria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google ranking does not link to homepage
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:52:25 GMT
> Searching for 'Apache Click' on Google does not link to our homepage,
> instead it points to:
>
>   http://incubator.apache.org/click/docs/click.html
>
> This didn't happen with the old site, in fact searching for 'Click
> Framework' does rank correctly.
>
> Any ideas how we can fix this? Perhaps adding some no-frame content?
You can use the google webmaster tools to submit it directly.
http://www.google.com/webmasters/
There you can test if some resources are configured OK or not.
Almost everybody is using those to "optimize" the sites: it's a much
better approach than waiting for the bots to pick things up.

> Did we do something different at SF?
On SF it worked with Frames, so I think we should keep them.

Demetrios.