click-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Schellink" <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incompatibilities
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:56:50 GMT
On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Demetrios Kyriakis <
demetrios.kyriakis@gmail.com> wrote:

> -1 for YUI. If no other WYSIWYG can be found, than I think none should be
> deployed (or put the tinymce on google code too).

I don't see the issue here. RichTextArea is simply an example, its not part
of Click.

> I think a very important issue with these "external" packages/jars is their
> version: I think their version number should be the *same* as the click
> distribution that fits to.
>
> It is just a pain in the a.. to match all the time the various component
> versions with the correct framework (I'm speaking about other frameworks :),
>  but it looks like click is adopting the same bad strategy :( ).
>

> Please fix this.

How do you propose we do this? Each time a new version of Click is released
we have to re-release all external packages even if they didn't change?

What is a bug is found in an external project? Its version will get out of
sync with Click.

bob