click-dev mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Edgar" <malcolm.ed...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Click JIRA Export
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2008 08:45:32 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I am not sure if it is appropriate for me to email you directly (so
apologies if so).

I am working on the Click project which is in the Apache incubator,
and we have a external JIRA instance project which we would like to
import into Apache JIRA instance (CLICK).

I have uploaded an JIRA export from the previous system
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1821), but I presume
there needs to be some data transformation performed and would like
some advice on how to advance this.

regards Malcolm Edgar

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
Date: Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: Click JIRA Export
To: click-dev@incubator.apache.org

Hi Malcolm,

Yes, an XML export is all you need. I think the transformation would
only apply to the space name. The users set should get merged
automagically. You will need to open a Jira task for the Infra to
schedule time with whoever is going to handle it (probably Jeff
Turner?) to freeze your current Jira, create an export, and load it to
Apache. Let me know if you run into any snags with the infra.

Andrus