click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject checkstyle-all.jar and dev.jar issues
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:25:05 GMT
Couple of issues have come up with the jars we ship in our lib folder.

Checkstyle-all.jar is LGPL based, so will have to be removed from the
distribution.

Even though a taskdef in our build.xml is dependent on checkstyle, the
build still works without the jar. Ant simply prints a warning.

Was thinking of adding the jar to the get-deps target, however only
checkstyle.jar (the one without dependencies) is available from maven
repo's. Checkstyle itself depends on a further 5 dependencies, so I'm
not sure we should add that to the get-deps task.

We can enhance the checkstyle task to notify Click developers about
manually downloading and adding the checkstyle-all.jar to their
classpath when building Click.

Alternatively another ant target could be added get-checkstyle.

The other issue is with dev.jar which doesn't have a license but I
recall it was authored by Malcolm? Guess we can decompile the code and
release it under Apache2.0?

kind regards

bob