click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incompatibilities
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:26:08 GMT
Just a quick update on recent commits:

#1 DateField was refactored into a DateField and CalendarField.
DateField accepts a date which must be keyed in by the user. It does
not support a calendar popup. CalendarField is based on JSCalendar and
hosted at Google code: http://code.google.com/p/click-calendar/

#2 Chart controls and examples was moved to its own Google project as
well: http://code.google.com/p/click-charts/

#3 The JavaScript function addLoadEvent (control.js) was rewritten
under Apache license.

#4 The RichTextArea example, based on TinyMCE, was replaced by YUI
editor. YUI is released under BSD so is compatible with Apache license.

Next task is to update all the distribution license headers. According
to this document [1] the license header should not contain any
copyright notices.

There is also the issue of controls contributed by Ahmed which might
be rewritten.

With these out of the way we can start thinking of releasing our first
Apache release. :)

bob

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html