click-dev mailing list archives

From Demetrios Kyriakis <demetrios.kyria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branding
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:06:27 GMT
>> Besides I think some clickframework.??? domains were registered too for
>> commercial/os support so they would be still good for something :).
>

> Don't think those domains are still valid?
I think they are.
e.g. Wicket (wicketframeowork.org) and many other projects still keep
and use them.
This is important even for the simple fact to avoid spammers and domain
parkers, link pharmers to "reuse" them to redirect traffic: it looks
like many open source frameworks have fallen in this trap:
  - scammers park sites that are expired (or not taken) for popular
frameworks, since they get many hits on search engines.

(Even FreeMat has this problem)

Demetrios.
--
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemat