click-dev mailing list archives

From Demetrios Kyriakis <demetrios.kyria...@gmail.com>
Subject Improved CheckboxTree instead of MultiSelect?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:17:54 GMT
Hi,

In many applications a Select with "multiple" option is used, plus
"spacing" and unselectable items to "simulate" the concept of a hierarchy .
This approach however is very user unfriendly (at least for simple users).
I know that in Click there's the PickList component, but it has the same
"hierarchy" problem.

One solution might be to use the CheckboxTree, but it looks like it's
missing a set of features:
- the possibility to force the tree to remain expanded (e.g. boolean
forceExpanded). In this case the + and - should simply dissapear from
parent nodes.
- the root to render nicely like other tree components do it (right now
it has an ugly "- leaf line".
- TreeNode to have a "title" (hint).
- TreeListener to have a "mouseOver" event too.

Are the above already possible (I couldn't find the API) to achieve them.

Thank you,

Demetrios.