click-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Schellink" <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branding
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:53:30 GMT
On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Demetrios Kyriakis <
demetrios.kyriakis@gmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO the old one should be kept too (at least for a while), since
> because of the extensive documentation Click has, many use links
> to that online documentation(even if they could have locally too) - I saw
> this in many internal mails or wikis for projects that use or plan to use
> Click.

As Will suggested we can leave the old site as is but redirect the main page
to Apache. That way new users will be directed to Apache while
booksmarks still work.

 IMHO the word "framework" should be kept, because "click" is a too generic
> term,
> and if you remove "framework", than it would simply disappear from the
> first page of search engines

Agreed the word click is generic, but by adding Apache it should remove the
ambiguity. If we don't remove the word "framework",
the title (on the website) becomes "Apache Click Framework" which doesn't
have the same ring as "Apache Click". Perhaps others
feel different about this?

(or at least keep it the titles and meta, so that when people search for
> "click framework" to still find it).

Yep we can should leave the meta tags (not sure if search engines still
consider those). Also people searching for Click Framework
should end up at SF which redirects to Apache.

> Besides I think some clickframework.??? domains were registered too for
> commercial/os support so they would be still good for something :).

Don't think those domains are still valid?

> Also I think there's no need to append "apache-<<NAME.zip>>" to any
> distribution zip and first level directory (like some projects do), since
> it's evident that it's Apache since it's from Apache (this small annoyance
> means that users have to rename the base directory all the time - and since
> there are many projects with lots of updates from Apache these days, this is
> too much work lately - were it could be none).

During incubation we have to name distributions incubator-click.zip. Don't
think there is a constraint upon graduation though.

regards

bob