click-dev mailing list archives

From "Malcolm Edgar" <malcolm.ed...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OgnlService?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 03:57:46 GMT
On this issue we did a bunch of testing around performance.

Click uses Reflection with cached method caching for rendering/read
operations, and this is very fast. There was not appreciable
difference between Click's use of reflection and MVEL.  You see a lot
of reflection used in Table row data rendering.

Where Click uses OGNL is for writing/set operations. These are much
less infrequent than read operations, and are used in Form setting and
autobinding operations.

My take on this is that we should probably use either OGNL or MVEL,
but not both. In think swapping OGNL for MVEL could be on the roadmap
for 1.6, but we really need a compelling reason to do this. Otherwise
we will get the opportunity to find a new bunch of bugs :)

regards Malcolm Edgar