click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DateField license issues
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 20:55:55 GMT
Demetrios Kyriakis wrote:
> JSCalendar also did not supported all years (I guess only starting from
> the '70
> till 2050.

Its default is 1900-2999. It can be customized to any range though.

> The problem I experienced with "pure textfields" for Date/Time values,
> was that the users got shocked when they saw it, since they always typed
> the wrong format, or what they were used to(e.g. in some applications
> even words were allowed: tomorrow, next week, etc.).

Keep in mind that DateField javadoc states the following:

   "Users can either key in a Date value or select a Date using the
Calendar."

So users have always been free to enter any text they want. Its up to
validation to ensure the dates are correct. If a Click application had
to be 508 compliant, the textfield would have been used anyway.

> Maybe a new page could be added to the Click site: "Wanted" :),

There is Click wiki here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLICK/

regards

bob