click-dev mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Lecheta" <rlech...@gmail.com>
Subject This control's parent is already set to a Page
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:20:59 GMT
Hi all,

This exception breaks two of my applications.
I believe this doesn´t happen with click 1.4...

There are some use cases that is difficult to do with Click.

Let´s say I have a Form and Table.. In the table some "Edit" button. When
the user clicks in the edit button
I need show a new button in the Form. This button must appears only when the
user is editing the form.

And after that, the user can normally submit the form... or click in this
new button.
If the user clicks in this button, it must call it´s listener method of
course.

But now I have a problem because it is not in the Form, since I´m in other
request......
So I was used to let this kind of control as public,
so it is always added to the control list to be processed. But now if I do
that click throws this exception.

This is a very difficult use case to do... is it possible to not throw this
exception ?

regards,

--
Ricardo Lecheta