click-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Schellink <sab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSP forwarding issues
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:25:58 GMT
Michael Hall wrote:

> How about making Page.setForward bypass
> HttpServletRequest#getRequestDispatcher if Context#getPageClass finds a
> matching page class.  If the intention is to run the Page class for the
> path, can we do that directly in Click without falling back to the
> Servlet mechanisms?

Interesting approach. One to thing to watch out for here is that
filters will be bypassed.

Regardless of how we do it (RequestDispatcher or direct) I am just not
sure we second guess the user when they forward or redirect to a jsp
page. As nobody has raised an issue about this, perhaps the current
behavior is correct?

In fact the one issue that was raised seemed to indicate that redirect
should not convert from jsp to htm.