click-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Hall" <mhall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Click-development] JSP forwarding issues
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:01:21 GMT

> Not currently. While its possible to map to another extension things
> doesn't work as expected. Click also ships with default templates such
> as error.htm and no-page-found.htm, so if the extension is changed
> those templates will have to be renamed too. Not a smooth process.

That's less than ideal.  Maybe we shouldn't let people change the extension,
if changing it will cause problems.  A discussion for another thread though.

> HttpServletRequest#getRequestDispatcher only works with paths. In
> order to forward Click has to convert the class to a path ->
> Context.getPagePath(Class). In fact Page.setForward(Class) looks up
> the path and delegates to Page.setForward(String).

How about making Page.setForward bypass
HttpServletRequest#getRequestDispatcher if Context#getPageClass finds a
matching page class.  If the intention is to run the Page class for the
path, can we do that directly in Click without falling back to the Servlet
mechanisms?