clerezza-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA integration
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 15:59:25 GMT
Hi all,
a quick recap on UIMA integration capabilities.
There are 4 components:

   1. Ontologies module which is useful to build graphs, just like other
   *ontologies module inside Clerezza, on top of UIMA typse and features
   2. Utils module, I just refactored this module to expose a better API,
   now having UIMAServicesFacade which offers more flexibility and
   extensibility. That having one actual implementation ExternalServicesFacade,
   which exploits external services wrapped inside UIMA to extract tags,
   language, suggested category, named entites and concepts from a piece of
   text. Utils module offers also a UIMAUtils.enhanceNode method to create the
   graph nodes for UIMA types and feature to bind them to the node that whose
   resource text has been enriched.
   3. Metadata-generator module offers the possibility to enrich uploaded
   stuff with UIMA via ExternalServicesFacade.
   4. Concept-tagging module, just committed, at the moment consists of one
   class which extends org.apache.clerezza.concepts.core class ResourceTagger
   enabling automatic concept tagging on the  resource via
   ExternalServicesFacade (actually UIMA and AlchemyAPI) of the specified
   resource.

If you have any issues or comments, please let me know.
Regards,
Tommaso