chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@apache.org>
Subject So long, thanks for all the fish
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2020 17:23:49 GMT
Hi all,

Chukwa developers have decided to throw in the towels, and send Chukwa to
Apache Attics.  In the past 10 years, original Chukwa design pattern has
become one of the most commonly used pattern for running reports on Big
Data.  Each component can be take apart and re-engineer for better
performance.  Many frameworks have sprouts to improve every aspect of big
data analytics.  Kafka, Prometheus and Nifi have gotten better at data
collection than Chukwa agent/collectors.  Parquet, HBase have gotten better
at storing compressed semi structure data than Hadoop RecordIO.  Hive,
Spark, and Phoenix have gotten better at relational analysis than Mapreduce
+ Chukwa MDL.  Grafana, Tableau are getting better at data visualization
than Chukwa HICC.  Instead of a monolithic big data analytics framework,
Chukwa like system can be built from open source frameworks.  Chukwa may
have inspired others to do better, or maybe it didn't.  We thank you for
all your support over the years.

We have concluded that it would be irresponsible to keep our users and
developers waiting for a framework that is readily available in open
source.  We wish you all the best in big data adventures.  Farewell...

regards,
Eric