chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Paul Tremblett <ptrembl...@swva.net>
Subject Re: So long, thanks for all the fish
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2020 18:38:03 GMT
I am proud to say I was one of the early users. It is a sad farewell. A heartfelt thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 1, 2020, at 12:24, Eric Yang <eyang@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> Chukwa developers have decided to throw in the towels, and send Chukwa to Apache Attics.
 In the past 10 years, original Chukwa design pattern has become one of the most commonly
used pattern for running reports on Big Data.  Each component can be take apart and re-engineer
for better performance.  Many frameworks have sprouts to improve every aspect of big data
analytics.  Kafka, Prometheus and Nifi have gotten better at data collection than Chukwa agent/collectors.
 Parquet, HBase have gotten better at storing compressed semi structure data than Hadoop RecordIO.
 Hive, Spark, and Phoenix have gotten better at relational analysis than Mapreduce + Chukwa
MDL.  Grafana, Tableau are getting better at data visualization than Chukwa HICC.  Instead
of a monolithic big data analytics framework, Chukwa like system can be built from open source
frameworks.  Chukwa may have inspired others to do better, or maybe it didn't.  We thank you
for all your support over the years.

> We have concluded that it would be irresponsible to keep our users and developers waiting
for a framework that is readily available in open source.  We wish you all the best in big
data adventures.  Farewell...