chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Chuckwa for Nutch Log Analysis and Monitoring
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 07:12:39 GMT
Hi Folks,
For some time I have been meaning to get in touch to get advice on
developing a tool for log analysis of Apache Nutch [0] logs.
What I am referring to particularly is monitoring of logs in a bid to
identify particular errors which we may anticipate.
Nutch jobs are batch oriented in architecture which are inherited from
Hadoop, we typically see errors in the parse phase of a crawl so it is
events like this that I would like to anticipate, monitor and report on,
possibly through email.
So I am therefore thinking about building a Chuckwa-powered tool for Nutch
which would become part of our codebase.
Is Chukwa the right tool for this? Any information about similar efforts
would be very much appreciated.
best
Lewis

[0] http://nutch.apache.org