chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Chuckwa for Nutch Log Analysis and Monitoring
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 17:30:14 GMT
Hi Lewis,

Parse error can be captured and store errors to another HDFS location.  In
Chukwa 0.4 and earlier, we have demux map reduce job which does the
extraction and store structured data in HDFS, and errors are channel to
another HDFS folder called InError, with the cause of the parsing error.
This is still a batch oriented operation.  In Chukwa 0.6, we can setup
multiple pipeline writer.  The pipeline writers can be configured to
provide parsing and channel error to somewhere else, if data parse
properly, then write it to HBase or HDFS.  However, you will need to write
the pipeline writer class to extend this functionality.  We currently only
have a couple pipeline writers, LocalWriter, HBaseWriter, and
SeqFileWriter.  SeqFileWriter needs to be the last one in the pipeline, if
you choose to write data to HDFS.  See this page for how to configure
pipeline writer to achieve partially of what you are looking for:

http://chukwa.apache.org/docs/r0.6.0/pipeline.html

Hope this helps.

regards,
Eric