chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Noel Duffy <noel.du...@sli-systems.com>
Subject RE: Chukwa RPM does not create user "chukwa"
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 03:47:29 GMT
I wrote a patch to fix this issue, but the patch submission dialog in JIRA has no place to
actually put the patch itself, or at least none that I could see. I am attaching it to this
message instead. It's a very simple patch to create the user when the rpm is installed and
remove it when the rpm is uninstalled.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Yang [mailto:eric818@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, 20 January 2012 2:03 p.m.
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Chukwa RPM does not create user "chukwa"

In theory, the headless user should be added by RPM.  At the time the code was developed,
the company that we worked for had centralized LDAP.  Hence, it was neglected from RPM installation.
 Please file a jira, and we will fix it in the next minor release.  Thanks.

regards,
Eric

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Noel Duffy <noel.duffy@sli-systems.com> wrote:
> The rpm built by "ant rpm" from Chukwa 0.4.0 attempts to set ownership of all installed
files to user "chukwa", but it does not create this user account or test whether it exists
before performing the installation. Is this deliberate, or should the rpm add the user first?