chukwa-user mailing list archives

From SALAMI Patrick <sal...@systransoft.com>
Subject RE: Chukwa trunk does not write to HBase
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:55:50 GMT
Hi Eric,
There was actually no hadoop-metrics.properties file in trunk/conf; there was only a hadoop-metrics2.properties
file. My HADOOP_CONF_DIR has a hadoop-metrics.properties file already. I copied hadoop-metrics2.properties
to HADOOP_CONF_DIR but I am not sure if I should keep the existing hadoop-metrics.properties
or delete it.
I also do see a hadoop-log4j.properties file in /conf. Should I copy this file to my HADOOP_CONF_DIR
as log4j.properties?

Best,

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Yang [mailto:eyang@hortonworks.com] On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:13 PM
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Chukwa trunk does not write to HBase

Hi Patrick,

Do you have hadoop-metrics.properties copied to HADOOP_CONF_DIR, and place chukwa-hadoop-0.5.0-client.jar
and json.jar in Hadoop classpath and restart Hadoop?

regards,
Eric

On Oct 25, 2011, at 1:02 PM, SALAMI Patrick wrote:

> Hi Eric,
> Thanks for your quick reply. I actually just fixed the problem: as per the instructions
at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_Quick_Start I had commented out both chukwaCollector.writerClass
and chukwaCollector.pipeline. This did not work; there were no exceptions in the logs but
they were showing references to SeqFileWriter and no mention of HBaseWriter. I un-commented
chukwaCollector.writerClass (see attached chukwa-collector-conf.xml) and now it is writing
to HBase properly.

> There are some other issues though:
>        - the hbase.schema file was missing some column families and one table (I fixed
this locally, see attached updated hbase.schema).
>        - However, it only seems to be writing SystemMetrics and no Hadoop or HDFS logs.
I updated the log4j.properties file for Hadoop with log4j.appender.DRFA=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender.
I will maybe tinker with this some more and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

> Best,
>
> Patrick

Chukwa logs to HDFS but does not write anything to HBase. I followed the instructions at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_Quick_Start.
Has anyone else noticed this issue?

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Patrick
>>

>> This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s)
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.