chukwa-user mailing list archives

From SALAMI Patrick <sal...@systransoft.com>
Subject RE: Chukwa trunk does not write to HBase
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:02:30 GMT
Hi Eric,
Thanks for your quick reply. I actually just fixed the problem: as per the instructions at
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_Quick_Start I had commented out both chukwaCollector.writerClass
and chukwaCollector.pipeline. This did not work; there were no exceptions in the logs but
they were showing references to SeqFileWriter and no mention of HBaseWriter. I un-commented
chukwaCollector.writerClass (see attached chukwa-collector-conf.xml) and now it is writing
to HBase properly.

There are some other issues though:
        - the hbase.schema file was missing some column families and one table (I fixed this
locally, see attached updated hbase.schema).
        - However, it only seems to be writing SystemMetrics and no Hadoop or HDFS logs. I
updated the log4j.properties file for Hadoop with log4j.appender.DRFA=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender.
I will maybe tinker with this some more and see if I can figure out what the issue is.

Best,

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Yang [mailto:eyang@hortonworks.com] On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:16 AM
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Chukwa trunk does not write to HBase

Hi,

What does the chukwa-collector-conf.xml looks like?
Do you have hbase-site.xml and core-site.xml on the classpath?
Is there any exception in the collector log file?

regards,
Eric

On Oct 25, 2011, at 11:04 AM, SALAMI Patrick wrote:

> I set up Chukwa trunk and have a local HBase cluster running in distributed mode. Chukwa
logs to HDFS but does not write anything to HBase. I followed the instructions at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_Quick_Start.
Has anyone else noticed this issue?

> Thanks!
>
> Patrick
>

> This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s)
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.