chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mySQL or HBase
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 02:04:21 GMT
Hi,

Chukwa 0.4 uses MySQL.  Chukwa 0.5 (trunk) uses HBase.  There has been a lot of investment
to get Hadoop 0.20.205 to work with HBase 0.90.4 without data loss (supporting append).  Once
Hadoop 0.20.205 is officially released (probably some time this month).  Chukwa 0.5 will be
the most useful system for log analysis and visualization.

Chukwa quickstart guide should be a good place to start getting Chukwa to work with HBase:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_Quick_Start

Hope this is useful.

regards,
Eric

On Oct 6, 2011, at 6:42 PM, pablomar wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I did a fresh fodora 15 installation to try chukwa.
>
> According to the Admin Guide (http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+Database)
I need (ok, it's optional) MySQL, but then I saw that Chukwa 4.0 uses HBase.

and hbase (a workaround here: http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2011/04/14/building-an-hadoop-0-20-x-version-for-hbase-0-90-2/)

> I would love to try chukwa for log analysis. What is the recommendation ? chukwa with
no DB, chukwa  with MySQL or chuwka + workaround and hbase ?