chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which adapter to use to read from TaskLogAppender?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 01:39:01 GMT
Hi Abhijit,

TaskLogAppender does not append \x0A character to the log entry.  It should be possible to
swap TaskLogAppender with ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender, or SocketAppender to stream task
logs directly to Chukwa.  However, in doing so, syslog of the user job would be empty because
the log data is channelled to a different destination.  Hope this is helpful.

regards,
Eric