chukwa-user mailing list archives

From DKN <devapra...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: A demo setup on a single linux server
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:57:13 GMT
Hi Eric, Thought I will update you as I had some success with HICC.1 and
HICC.2.

Solution:

========================

As per instructions in the Quick Start Wiki for configuring collectors :

2. Edit conf/chukwa-collector-conf.xml and comment out the default
properties for chukwaCollector.writerClass,
and chukwaCollector.pipeline. Uncomment block for HBaseWriter parameters,
and save.

Commenting out chukwaCollector.writerClass by default would disable the
PipelineStageWriter class. So, no further HBaseWriter was getting picked up.
May be the documentation needs a bit of an update, as
chukwaCollector.writerClass property is NOT present in the HBase section in
chukwa-collector-conf.xml.

I am now able to see some data pushed into HBase tables.

Apart from HICC.3 problem below, the HBaseWriter class now says a table by
name 'chukwa' doesn't exist. Is there a schema that I need to create in
HBase for this ?

Cheers, Dev