chukwa-user mailing list archives

From hdev ml <hde...@gmail.com>
Subject Seeking a little advice
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:39:11 GMT
HI all,

This question is related partly to hadoop and partly to chukwa.

We have huge number of logged information sitting in one machine. I am not
sure whether the storage is in multiple files or in a database.

But what we want to do is get that log information, transform it and store
it into the some database for data mining/ data warehousing/ reporting
purposes.

1. Since it is on one machine, is Chukwa the right kind of frame work to do
this ETL process?

2. I understand that generally Hadoop works on large files. But assuming
that the data sits in a database, what if we somehow partition data for
Hadoop/Chukwa? Is that the right strategy?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Harshad