chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <Stuti_Awas...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Adapter for multiple line record
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:41:59 GMT
Hi All,

Till now I have worked with logs which have single record in one line. I was able to use the
specified adapters like CharcaterFileTailing for processing the logs.

But now, I have different requirement, I having logs which have multiple lines in a single
record. Here I want my whole record to be parsed as a single record.
CharacterFileTailingAdapter, FileTailing adapter are not fulfilling my purpose. As in CharacterFileTailingAdapter
process the log on the basis of separator as "\n"
and FileTailingAdapter  process the logs as chunks.

For example :

Log [
Record 1:
{
[Line1 ............]
[Line2 ............]
[Line3 ............]
}

Record 2:
{
[Line1 ............]
[Line2 ............]
}

       ]

Is there any way that I can use specified adapters by chukwa or else I have to generate my
own Adapter.

Please Help :)

Stuti

DISCLAIMER