chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject 60 second timeout for FileAdaptor
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 17:11:57 GMT
Hi all,

The system that I'm working on uses Chukwa to submit small files to a
web-based API which are then sent to an adapter (FileAdaptor) to push
into the Chukwa system. From looking at the logs/code, the FileAdaptor
waits for inactivity on the file for 60 seconds before forwarding it to
the collector. Since my files are small and write-only, it seems like 60
seconds is overkill.

It doesn't appear to be too hard to make that 60 seconds a parameter
(it's presently hard-coded in FileAdaptor).

Can someone let me know if there are some less-than-obvious implications
of making that value a parameter and setting it to something like 5 seconds?

Thanks,
Kirk