chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: How to set up HDFS -> MySQL from trunk?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 18:13:10 GMT
Df command is converted into disk_xxxx_week table in mysql, if I remember
correctly.  In mysql are the database tables getting created?
Make sure that you have:

  <property>
    <name>chukwa.post.demux.data.loader</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.dataloader.MetricDataLoaderPool,org.apache.h
adoop.chukwa.dataloader.FSMDataLoader</value>
  </property>

In Chukwa-demux.conf.

The rough picture of the data flows looks like this:

1. demux -> Generate chukwa record outputs.
2. archive -> Generate bigger files by compacting data sink files.
   (Concurrent with step 1)
3. postProcess -> Look up what files are generated by demux process and
   dispatch using different data loaders.
4. MetricDataLoaderPool -> Dispatch multiple threads to load chukwa
   record files to different MDL.
5. MetricDataLoader -> Load sequence file to database by record type
   defined in mdl.xml.
6. HICC widget has a descriptor language in json.  You can find the widget
   descriptor files in hdfs://namenode:port/chukwa/hicc/widgets which
   embedded the full SQL template like:

   Query=²select cpu_user_pcnt from [system_metrics] where timestamp between
   [start] and [end]²

   This will output everything the metrics in JSON format and the HICC
   graphing widget will render the graph.

If there is no data, look at postProcess.log and make sure the data loading
is not throwing exceptions.  Step 3 to 6 are deprecated, and will be
replaced with something else.  Hope this helps.

Regards,
Eric