chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Oded Rosen <o...@legolas-media.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa integration for Legolas Media real-time servers
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:46:59 GMT
Thanks Eric,
I have managed to write my own processor and to get the output as
ChukwaRecords with our own customized fields in them.
Now, I get to the part where I try to load this output into hive (or
actually use the output dir, /repos, as the data directory of a Hive table).
In this stage I need to let Hive recognize the ChukwaRecordKey +
ChukwaRecord SerDes, so I need your help with that.

I've seen that integration with Pig is pretty straighforward for Chukwa
(using Chukwa-Pig.jar), but our idea is to automate the whole process
straight into a table, and with Hive you can just define a directory as a
hive table input. If we could get the data in a form that hive can
regconize, we will not need another stage after the Demux.

Can you think of a way to do this?

Thanks,

--
Oded