chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Corbin Hoenes <cor...@tynt.com>
Subject Re: configuring Chukwa
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2010 00:03:58 GMT
Yes Kim you'll need to create both of those files.

On Jan 27, 2010, at 5:02 PM, Kim Vogt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to install/configure Chukwa 0.3.0.  The admin guide under “Agent” says:
>
>> The one mandatory configuration step is to set up  $CHUKWA_HOME/conf/collectors.
This file should contain a list of hosts that will run Chukwa collectors. Agents will pick
a random collector from this list to try sending to, and will fail-over to another listed
collector on error.  The file should look something like:
>> http://<collector1HostName>:<collector1Port>/
>> http://<collector2HostName>:<collector2Port>/
>> http://<collector3HostName>:<collector3Port>/
>> Edit the CHUKWA_HOME/conf/initial_adaptors configuration file. This is where you
tell Chukwa what log files to monitor. See the adaptor configuration guide <http://hadoop.apache.org/chukwa/docs/current/agent.html#Adaptors>
 for a list of available adaptors.

> I’m not seeing the $CHUKWA_HOME/conf/collectors files or the  $CHUKWA_HOME/conf/initial_adaptors
configuration file.  Are these new files I need to create?