chukwa-user mailing list archives

From Ken White <ken.wh...@mailcatch.com>
Subject Re: chukwa download
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:25:54 GMT

>Your JAVA_HOME is pointing to a java 1.4 JDK; needs to be 1.6.

Thank you!!! :)
Indeed - JAVA_HOME was not set so it probably used some old Java engine I had
lying around.

I would appreciate some additional help in setting this up, I hope I'm not
bothering you too much.

I am following this guide:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Chukwa_Quick_Start

Right now I am trying to run `bash bin/jettyCollector.sh` but I get this
exception:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.collector.CollectorStub

I guess my classpath is incomplete, but I can't figure out what is missing (in
which jar CollectorStub is). From jettyCollector.sh:
$ java ... -classpath ${CHUKWA_CONF_DIR}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}:${CLASSPATH}:
${CHUKWA_CORE}:${COMMON}:${HADOOP_JAR} ...

Also, there are some things that are not clear to me in conf/chukwa-collector-
conf.xml:

1) writer.hdfs.filesystem - I want to output to HDFS. Does that mean I have to
specify hdfs://... style path? In Quick Start is says "path to the namenode",
but that is probably not enough?

2) chukwaCollector.outputDir - is this the subdir of previous setting or is
this the local output directory that Collector writes to ebfore it commits to
HDFS?

3) chukwaCollector.rotateInterval - the default value is 5 minutes, is there
any reason for it to be specified in milliseconds? Is this the time between
commits to HDFS?

Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Ken