chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Minimizing the number of jars in SVN
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 15:51:54 GMT
Hi Folks,
The question on this thread was "We’ve got a number of jars in lib and
contrib. What would I need to do to minimize the number of jars?"
The answer was "4 out of 7 programs in lib are not available in maven. We
need to update code to remove them. Sigar has a lot of files but probably
can be referred by pointing to hyperic maven repository. We also need to
update the version of pig. The copy is outdated in contrib."
My personal answer is that we did this in Apache Any23 by creating a temp
Maven repository in SVN such as
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/any23/repo-ext/
This was required for us to obtain a copy of commons-csv which was not
published and which we could not ship with the codebase as it had not been
released.
The process is fairly trivial IIRC.
Lewis

--