chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: binary release artifacts
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 22:53:12 GMT
Hi Tim,

There is LICENSE.txt and NOTICES.txt in both source and binary package.  In
the binary package, the files are located in $PREFIX/share/doc/chukwa to
match what standard Linux file system layout.  We voted for source release
and there is no Apache restriction that a source release, can not procedure
a binary package.  There is also no restriction that binary release must
have LICENSE.txt and NOTICES.txt in the top level directory.  Therefore,
Chukwa packages should be fine.  Let us know if there is any questions.

regards,
Eric