chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From 唐 颖 <ivytang0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Jul 2013 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 01:33:21 GMT
Hi Eric,

My team is now migrating our m/r from hadoop 1.0 to 2. 0 .
And the old m/r can run on hadoop 2.0 without changing any source code , just need to re-compile
on hadoop 2.0.
The yarn in not a necessary if you want to run mr from hadoop 1.0 on hadoop 2.0.
--
Best regards,

Ivy Tang

On 2013-7-8, at 上午1:03, Eric Yang <eric818@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hadoop has evolved in a non straight forward release branches.  Chukwa
> currently works with Hadoop 1.x branch.  For moving forward to Hadoop 2.x,
> the mapreduce jobs need to be using the new Yarn framework to implement
> some of the missing pieces that Hadoop broke the compatibility.  HBase has
> done something similar for Hadoop compatibility layer.  Chukwa may have to
> do the same thing to keep up to date.  I don't know how to quantify the man
> hours needed to keep up to date.  It may be one or two weeks to work on it
> full time.  It may spread across several months, when we work on this part
> time.
>
> The instrumentation points in MR v1 will needs to be migrated and
> instrument Yarn.  It is going to be interesting work to monitor and analyze
> Yarn.  Therefore, the work may be interesting to people that would like to
> visualize yarn performance.  We probably should release 0.6 as bugfix
> release before working on this.
>
> regards,
> Eric
>

> On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com>wrote:
>

>> On Jul 6, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Eric Yang <eric818@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ChukwaChukwa is a log collection and analysis framework for Apache
>> Hadoop clusters.Chukwa has been incubating since 2010-07-14.
>>>
>>> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
>>>
>>> 1. Keep code up-to-date with Hadoop trend
>>> 2. Make another release