chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions about roadmap
Date Sun, 23 Jun 2013 08:46:44 GMT
Hi,

Chukwa log collection part is mostly done, we hope to get two refinements
to log collections in 2013:

* Implement a generic log collection mechanism on HBase.  (There is a
implementation done, and waiting for contribution back to Apache.)
* Remove collector to reduce deployment complexity and use webhdfs for
writing to HDFS.

The next part is to focus on log analysis in 2014.  There are several
interesting area to focus for Hadoop, including:

* Visualize Hadoop mapreduce job performance
  * Refine and update swim lanes visualization to display the cause of long
running tasks.
  * Update heat map display for data distribution for a job.
* Metrics and log file correlation to compute job optimization
recommendation.

regards,
Eric