chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Does Chukwa support Hadoop 2.x ??
Date Fri, 24 May 2013 12:54:16 GMT
Hey, would you be interested in taking a wack at it?  :D

Regards,
Alan

On May 23, 2013, at 7:04 AM, Rodrigo Trujillo <rodrigo.trujillo@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the answer Eric.
> I think this would be a nice improvement. I open a jira with the request:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-687
>

> Rodrigo Trujillo
>

> On 05/22/2013 03:53 AM, Eric Yang wrote:
>> Hi Rodrigo,
>>
>> Chukwa 0.5.0 only supports Hadoop 1.x.  Chukwa needs to make some code changes to
support Hadoop 2.0.  There is currently no clear path for supporting MRv1 in Hadoop 2.0 without
yarn.  Therefore, some changes needs to be made to support Hadoop 2.0.