chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Apr 2013 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 15:27:17 GMT

On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:48 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think talking on the dev list about retirement is helpful, it will
> discourage people from participating.

I disagree.  Transparency is one of the hallmarks of the ASF.

> There is no imminent threat of
> retirement.

Correct.

> Poddlings can continue on in the Incubator as long as they need
> so long as there are still mentors willing, I'm happy to continue as mentor
> here for as long as needed, so so can Chukwa.

I also am happy to let Chukwa incubate but would like to see concrete metrics that we all
agree on as to what constitutes a viable project.

> Lets talk about things in
> terms of whats needed to graduate.

Agreed.

With that said, I will not sign off on the report until we include some passage that explicitly
states that the community is concerned about the lack of activity and is taking measures to
attempt to remedy the situation.

Regards,
Alan