chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Retire the Chukwa podling
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:25:31 GMT
Renamed subject.

I think you bring up a valid concern.  To be sure, the infrastructure and administrative costs
are negligible.  So, we don't need to worry on that account.  However, the ASF Incubator is
not a place where you can hang your shingle up and hope that someday someone will wander by
and be interested.

The Incubator is merely a vetting mechanism to make sure that a community has a minimal set
of ducks in a row as well as proven that it is a vibrant community.

Here at Chukwa we've had not many commits beyond patches, no dev talk, and no releases.  That's
the problem.

A +1 is not a judgement on the technology or its developers.  It is a simple recognition that
Chukwa, for what ever reason, has been unable to generate an active community.

Regards,
Alan

On Nov 20, 2012, at 12:32 PM, Ariel Rabkin wrote:

> My vote is 0 -- abstain.  I would be happy to leave the project in
> incubation longer in case something turns up, but I'm not paying the
> administrative costs, so I don't feel able to vote -1.
>

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Alan Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> The current thinking among the PPMC is that it's time to retire the Chukwa podling.
 Eric is working on getting the Subversion history ported to a new home on GitHub.