chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From "Huang, Jie" <jie.hu...@intel.com>
Subject RE: ShuffleInput is not under the "mapred" context since Hadoop 1.0 metrics2
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 02:51:30 GMT
We'd better to do the modification in Hadoop side, like:

{
	  final MetricsRegistry registry = new MetricsRegistry("shuffleInput");
      final MetricMutableCounterLong inputBytes =
          registry.newCounter("shuffle_input_bytes", "", 0L);
      final MetricMutableCounterInt failedFetches =
          registry.newCounter("shuffle_failed_fetches", "", 0);
      final MetricMutableCounterInt successFetches =
          registry.newCounter("shuffle_success_fetches", "", 0);
      private volatile int threadsBusy = 0;

      @SuppressWarnings("deprecation")
      ShuffleClientInstrumentation(JobConf conf) {
        registry.setContext("mapred")  		<<< fix point
				.tag("user", "User name", conf.getUser())
                .tag("jobName", "Job name", conf.getJobName())
                .tag("jobId", "Job ID", ReduceTask.this.getJobID().toString())
                .tag("taskId", "Task ID", getTaskID().toString())
                .tag("sessionId", "Session ID", conf.getSessionId());
      }
}

Thank you && Best Regards,
Grace (Huang Jie)