chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator report due by July 4th
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 09:21:38 GMT
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Chris Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org> wrote:
> Dude, you commented on it. Are you being coy about the dev list or do you
> really not remember? It wasn't a VOTE, it was a thread where everyone on
> the PPMC +1'd a motion to end incubation after the next release established
> clean licensing. The board report not only didn't mention that thread, but
> it discussed the project's focus on expanding the contributor list and the
> upcoming release. Bernd also seemed confused by this dissonance.
>
> If there's cause for optimism and/or we need another cycle to generate that
> "last" release: no problem. I prefer that outcome to retiring the podling.
> But the report pivoted based on information that was not discussed or
> disclosed on the dev list. -C

This is the item from Chukwa's last board report that I'd added myself:

"More to the point, we had a discussion whether or not to continue
    Incubation for Chukwa. The consensus was that it's worthwhile to wait
    for the project to get traction a little longer."

If you feel this does not reflect our discussion on the private list,
please feel free to correct it, but you did sign the report off back
in April.

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2012

There is no cost in waiting for Chukwa to gain more community.

  Bernd