chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 0
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:47:34 GMT
Sorry to come late to this thread. I only looked at the -src archive.
It might be easier to pass a VOTE against the source distribution,
then repackage a binary later. I couldn't spend much time with it, but
a few suggestions:

* Checksum and signature match. I started running the unit tests, but
it looks like that's going to take awhile.

The NOTICE starts with:

Chukwa, a subproject of Apache Hadoop
Copyright 2011 The Apache Software Foundation

It should read:

Apache Chukwa
Copyright 2011 The Apache Software Foundation

The top-level LICENSE seems to contain multiple copies of some
licenses. Further, the lib directory contains LICENSE files. Isn't it
sufficient for those to be in the top-level LICENSE?

It might be easier to first release the source tarball, then start
work on the binary distribution. I agree with Ari; even if it's a
layout common to projects in this domain, convincing the IPMC that
it's acceptable may be effort misspent for the first release. The >90
jars only in the binary distribution don't require changes to the
LICENSE and NOTICE files? That doesn't seem right. -C