chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From SALAMI Patrick <sal...@systransoft.com>
Subject RE: Incubator status
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:38:17 GMT
I have not been involved with Chukwa development yet, but I would be interested in volunteering
to help. I have used Chukwa trunk, so I am familiar with the code base. I may have some free
time this week or in the coming weeks during the holidays. I would be interested in helping
with
- Convert FSM analytics from SQL storage to HBase (0% completed)
- Create pivot table for down sampling data on HBase using pig scripts (0% completed)

Or anything else that you need help with.

Best,

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Yang [mailto:eric818@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 11:37 PM
To: chukwa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Incubator status

For 0.5, I will work on the following tasks:

- Add document for Chukwa 0.5 release (0% completed)
- Update rpm package building process for maven (0% completed)
- Update directory structure to be consistent with HADOOP-6255 proposal (0% completed)
- Validate Hadoop 1.0 metrics is matching HBase table schema, and demux parser (0% completed)
- Bugfix for HICC to show data from HBase instead of MySQL (75% completed)
- Added support for streaming data to HBase (Completed)
- Migrate from ant to maven (Completed)

Other pending tasks which can be pushed to 0.6 or looking for volunteer to work on:
- Add Cassandra Writer (Pending review and integration)
- Convert FSM analytics from SQL storage to HBase (0% completed)
- Create pivot table for down sampling data on HBase using pig scripts (0% completed)

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Ahmed Fathalla <afathalla@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree to working on rolling out 0.5 release. However, I'm not sure
> I'm fully aware of the work needed to get there. Maybe me and Eric
> could work on it simultaneously.
>
> Eric,
>
> What do you think?
>
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Ariel Rabkin <asrabkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yah, we've been dragging our feet on doing a release. I think nobody
>> has quite enough time or enthusiasm to push it through -- I'm in my
>> last year of graduate school, Eric's just started a new job, etc.  I
>> think it's not such a monstrous piece of work -- the code is IP-clean
>> as far as I know, and there shouldn't be any major blockers to an
>> Incubator release. But somebody would have to lead it and I can't.
>>
>> Eric?  Ahmed?
>>
>> --Ari
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Chris Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Chukwa devs-
>> >
>> > Context:
>> > http://s.apache.org/P5p
>> >
>> > Chukwa has been incubating for more than a year, now. It has not
>> > rolled a release since joining, though I know much of this is due
>> > to unpredictable and uneven releases from its dependencies. Mailing
>> > list activity has been intermittent:
>> >
>> > chukwa-dev@: http://s.apache.org/gt
>> > chukwa-user@: http://s.apache.org/ji
>> >
>> > So I'd like to know how the dev community feels the project is
>> > progressing. More specifically, what can we say about its progress
>> > toward graduation from the incubator? -C
>> >

>> --
>> Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
>> UC Berkeley Computer Science Department
>>

> --
> Ahmed Fathalla

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s)
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.