chukwa-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator status
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:45:04 GMT
Hi Chris,

Chukwa has been in hibernation due to missing integration between
Hadoop and HBase.  This blocker is getting resolved by Hadoop
0.20.205.1 and HBase 0.92.0.  I am currently working on polishing
documentation to be ready for a incubator release.
There is a few activities on development.  One patch was submitted for
collecting data from Chukwa to Cassandra which is pending review.  I
intent to integrate it into Chukwa 0.5.  I am hoping to start a
release vote for 0.5 before 2012.

Once, Chukwa 0.5 is released with larger adoption, then we have better
data point to assert if we can graduate Chukwa from the incubator.

regards,
Eric